Reading books, knowing things valuable, The Prince, Chapter 15

楼主:丝带在飞 时间:2011-07-19 11:41:22 点击:211 回复:10
脱水 打赏 看楼主 设置

字体:

边距:

背景:

还原:

Concerning Things For Which Men, And Especially Princes, Are Praised Or Blamed
  IT REMAINS now to see what ought to be the rules of conduct for a prince towards subject and friends. And as I know that many have written on this point, I expect I shall be considered presumptuous in mentioning it again, especially as in discussing it I shall depart from the methods of other people. But, it being my intention to write a thing which shall be useful to him who apprehends it, it appears to me more appropriate to follow up the real truth of a matter than the imagination of it; for many have pictured republics and principalities which in fact have never been known or seen, because how one lives is so far distant from how one ought to live, that he who neglects what is done for what ought to be done, sooner effects his ruin than his preservation; for a man who wishes to act entirely up to his professions of virtue soon meets with what destroys him among so much that is evil.

Hence it is necessary for a prince wishing to hold his own to know how to do wrong, and to make use of it or not according to necessity. Therefore, putting on one side imaginary things concerning a prince, and discussing those which are real, I say that all men when they are spoken of, and chiefly princes for being more highly placed, are remarkable for some of those qualities which bring them either blame or praise; and thus it is that one is reputed liberal, another miserly, using a Tuscan term (because an avaricious person in our language is still he who desires to possess by robbery, whilst we call one miserly who deprives himself too much of the use of his own); one is reputed generous, one rapacious; one cruel, one compassionate; one faithless, another faithful; one effeminate and cowardly, another bold and brave; one affable, another haughty; one lascivious, another chaste; one sincere, another cunning; one hard, another easy; one grave, another frivolous; one religious, another unbelieving, and the like. And I know that every one will confess that it would be most praiseworthy in a prince to exhibit all the above qualities that are considered good; but because they can neither be entirely possessed nor observed, for human conditions do not permit it, it is necessary for him to be sufficiently prudent that he may know how to avoid the reproach of those vices which would lose him his state; and also to keep himself, if it be possible, from those which would not lose him it; but this not being possible, he may with less hesitation abandon himself to them. And again, he need not make himself uneasy at incurring a reproach for those vices without which the state can only be saved with difficulty, for if everything is considered carefully, it will be found that something which looks like virtue, if followed, would be his ruin; whilst something else, which looks like vice, yet followed brings him security and prosperity.

This chapter is very simple and no note is needed, let’s finish reading it and go to next one.

打赏

0 点赞

主帖获得的天涯分:0
举报 | | 楼主 | 埋红包
楼主发言:1次 发图:0张 | 添加到话题 |
作者:氟化铀和碳化钾 时间:2011-07-19 11:51:00
  手冲真的那么爽?
作者:lilangong 时间:2011-07-19 12:15:00
  带丝会洋文却移民嘛.农贸市场不合试你:本土不学学老外.
作者:ID病毒 时间:2011-07-19 12:30:00
  发日文嘛
作者:还有更精彩的 时间:2011-07-19 14:19:00
  狗日的假洋鬼子 ,放在以前百分百的汉奸
作者:No1啤酒杯 时间:2011-07-19 14:57:00
  文盲们,别人明明用葡萄牙语写的!内容是回锅肉的烹饪技巧!
作者:只曰不日 时间:2011-07-19 15:14:00
  楼上的,是你错了,明明就是韩语,思密达!
作者:11274796vip 时间:2011-07-19 15:52:00
  关于哪一个男人,特别是王子,赞扬或指责事情
  现在它仍然看到什么应该,是对主体和朋友的王子的行为规则。我所知,很多都写在这一点上,我希望我再次提到它应被视为放肆,尤其是因为在讨论这个问题,我会离开其他人的方法。但是,这是我打算写他逮捕,应有用的事情,我似乎更适当的跟进比想象的问题的真相;许多图为共和国和公其实从来没有被称为或看到,因为一个生命是如何到目前为止,远离人们应该如何生活,他忽略什么是应该做的事,越早效果,他毁了比他保存;一个人谁希望行为完全凭借他的专业,很快就会见他这么多,是邪恶的破坏之间。

因此,它是希望他自己知道怎么办错了,利用它,或不按必要性王子所必需的。因此,把虚的东西方在一个有关一个王子,并讨论这些都是真实的,我说,所有的人,当他们谈到,主要是身居高位的诸侯,为它们带来的一些这些素质显着指责或表扬;因而它是一个知名的自由派,再吝啬,贪得无厌的人,因为在我们的语言使用的托斯卡纳长期(仍然是他者的欲望,拥有由抢劫,而我们称之为之一吝啬谁剥夺了自己太多的使用他自己的),一个是被誉为大方,贪婪的;一残忍,一个富有同情心的;一个移情别恋,另一个忠实;柔弱和怯懦,另一项大胆和勇敢,一个和蔼可亲,另一种傲慢的淫荡,另一种纯洁;之一真诚的,另一个狡猾;一个硬盘,另一个容易;之一的坟墓,另一个轻浮,一个宗教,另一个不信,和喜欢。我知道每个人都承认,这将是最值得称道的一个王子表现出所有被认为上述素质好,但因为他们既不能完全拥有,也不观察,为人类的条件不允许,这是必要的他有足够的谨慎,他可能会知道如何避免责备那些恶习,这将失去他他的状态;和保持自己,才有可能从那些不会失去他,这,但这个不被可能的,他可能会放弃自己对他们少犹豫。再次,他不需要自己承担那些没有这些国家只能保存有困难,如果一切都会慎重考虑恶习的一个责备感到不安,它会被发现,看起来像美德的东西,如果遵循,将他毁了,而别的东西,它看起来像副,但随后带来他的安全和繁荣。

本章很简单,没​​有需要注意的是,让我们读完它,并转到下一个
  《谷歌翻译》
楼主丝带在飞 时间:2011-07-20 23:13:00
  If you trust Google, you are a fool.
作者:鱼潜水 时间:2011-07-21 14:53:00
  基本上最讨厌把一本书分章节来发的了.....看得不纠结吗?况且不一定想看
楼主丝带在飞 时间:2011-07-28 12:37:00
  up
发表回复

请遵守天涯社区公约言论规则,不得违反国家法律法规