因特网是你家庭最大的图书馆, 只要你搜寻, 总会找到自己喜欢的英语学习网站, 如果你英语还是初级水平, 请你百度搜寻以下网站; 英语辅导报, 李阳疯狂英语, 旺旺英语, 初级英语, 英语周报等等. 如果英语水平分成初级, 中级, 高级, 超高级, 超超高级, 你现在在哪个级别上呢? 建议你马上去买来新概念英语第一和第二册, 以一天一课的速度, 争取2006年全都学会, 自学的时候有什么不懂, 安迪会是你最耐心的老师给予解答.
安迪教授扶了一下眼镜, 随着铃声, 飞快走进课堂, 班长: All rise! 安迪: Good morning, class!
Sarah: Well I took your advice and watched the movie“Charlie's Angles” .
Richard: Did you think it was a blast?
Sarah: It was just so-so. I liked it but I thought that the whole story was a bit fake.
Richard: Yeah it's corny but you have to admit they are a great crime-fighting trio.
Sarah: I do prefer movies that show women in strong and dominant roles.
Richard: So there was plenty for you to like about Charlie Angles.
Sarah: Actually, you and I like the same movies but for different reasons!
Richard: Who did you like best in the movie?
Sarah: I know that you liked Lucy Liu best but I preferred Drew Barrymore.
Richard: Well you are in luck because I also happen to know her whole life story.
Sarah: Let me pull up a comfortable chair and you can tell me the Drew Barrymore saga.
* take one's advice: 采纳某人的意见，劝告等等。 I'll take your advice to learn English.(我采纳了你的建议开始学习英语.)
* watched: 无论是书写还是口语不要忘记过去发生的事要用过去式，所有重要的过去式一定要背，今天就背，马上背，特别是不规则动词。
* blast: great fun, something cool. 很有趣，很酷
I went to the bar last night and had a blast drinking beers and listening to the music.(我昨晚去了酒吧喝啤酒听音乐，很开心。)
* just so-so : 马马虎虎，一般. 好： good。 糟糕：awful。你的英语是good？so-so?还是awful？
* a bit: 一点点。通常还用 a little bit. 如果老外问你的英语水平，你可以这样回答：just a little bit. 使用频率要比a little高。
* fake: not real, false.假的, 还可以用俚语bobo
Fake brand name clothes are always much cheaper than the real ones. (假的名牌服装比真的要便宜得多。)
* corny: dated, simple and sentimental 陈腐的, 简单的、伤感的
My father always gives me corny advice before I leave the house, like, look both ways before you cross the road.
* trio: 三重唱。这里引申为三人组。tri- 开头的通常有“三”的意思。如：triangle: 三角形，trialogue：三方谈话， triathlon：铁人三项。如果是▲恋爱，英语里的的脏话threesome能不能用上啊？
* I do prefer: 我确确实实更喜欢... do是强调。 如：I do love you. （我真的很爱你） 你是不是很感动?
* dominant: 统治的，支配的，Are you a dominant lady?
* plenty : 很多， 同义词还有 a lot. I have plenty of CDs you can listen to.(我有很多CD你可以听听.)
* Actually: in fact.
* who do you like best: 这是一个广泛使用的句型,
1.Which place in He'nan do you like best? (你最喜欢河南哪儿啊?)
2.What do you like best? (你最喜欢什么?)
3.Which boy in your class do you like best?(班里哪个男孩你最喜欢?)
* Lucy Liu: 港台的一些movie star在国际上逐渐走红，在英美报刊上不可能写上他们的中文名字，所以你最好能记住他们的English name，上次我提到的Chow Yun Fat就是周润发。Lucy Liu 就是刘玉玲。提起Hollywood的华裔妇女明星，大家一定会首先想起陈冲, 巩俐和章子怡。当然还有刘玉玲,近年来刘玉玲在电视电影中相继塑造了一个个鲜明的角色，特别是最近在几部大制作的电影中的不俗表演，使她成了好莱坞最优秀的actress之一。不过她成名之前也拍过porn movie(色情电影)，也跳过strip dance(脱衣舞)。
* Drew Barrymore:
Full Name: Drew Blythe Barrymore
Birth Date: February 22, 1975
Birth Place: Culver City (Los Angeles), California
Star Sign: Sun in Pisces, Moon in Cancer
Height: 163 cm (five-foot-4)
Quote: "I'm not after fame and success and fortune and power. It's mostly that I want to have a good job and have good friends; that's the good stuff in life." -Drew Barrymore
* saga: a long, sometimes boring, story.
The story of my university life is a real saga - so many things
happened during that time.
●作业 (奖品: 翻译出的学生带上四级英语桂冠)
好！现在你pull up a chair and Andy wanna tell you a story of Drew Barrymore, 是她年轻时候真实故事. 不过这可是翻译作业, 并不轻松，eh？
Drew stole her mother's credit card, escaped the hospital, and made a break for the Westcoast of the USA. She was unsuccessful, however, and was returned to the hospital by authorities. She made a special appearance in a television movie warning teens about the dangers of drug abuse, only to fall back into her addiction. July 1989 was her all-time low; she unsuccessfully attempted suicide, and was sent back to the hospital. She was finally able to overcome her addictions, and decided she no longer needed any parental aid.
ahy3333: have you learned 100 words today? 永垂不朽? 安迪永远24岁,还没死呢, 比谭咏麟还小.
张三丰同学: come here if u got free.
lovesky_520: welcome to this thread, i often teach in various of english groups, and then you might follow.
一阵儿疯: hehe, thats quite interesting, so what u got about "get" in 3 pages long explanation? you got tired after reading all of those or you got fun from that?
helen8276: welcome to this post!
figo9276: yeah, never give it up!
同是人: happy national day!
Lindacici: you are welcome, hope i could learn hunan dialect from you.
lion66: you got right meanings of those words from dictionary.
tendersilence: you got point, a warm hug may heal a broken heart. about执手泪眼相看, in fact the line from Liu Yong, and in his poem Yulinling(雨霖铃), he described some true feelings for his friends when he was about to leave Bianjing(now kaifeng),he was, in fact, in blue mood, then the poet sighed"执手相看泪眼，竟无语凝噎" ,when i take your hands, my tears rolling down, i have nothing to say. in some western poems or lyrics, you often can see some lines like " take my hands, take my life too", " But life began again,The day you took my hand.", here "take one's hands" refer to some deep feelings between friends or lovers. anyway, its very difficult to translate poems into english, especially chinese ancient poems. and you should not only have good command of english, but need lay a solid foundation of chinese literature.