never a war

楼主:Gambler2 时间:2007-04-27 21:10:00 点击:153 回复:7
脱水 打赏 看楼主 设置

字体:

边距:

背景:

还原:

Will the TW people ever like to be ruled by mainland?
   I don't know.But it is not hard to believe that TWnese would not object to the notion of a unified China provided that China has now become a democratic and wealthy country.The thing is for how long will be it before it is a reality for mainland.

Since few would disagree that democracy , the rule of law and a great of prosperity will still shy away from the people of China for a long time to come , it is safe to say that the TWnese are and will still be feeling more comfortable ruling themsleves than being told by the mainlanders what to do .

It is a fact that the island is drifting away from us , culturally,politically maybe as well, if economically, we are catching up with on the contrary.TW is a foreign country to many of us who were not old enough to be caught up in the war.So although on the book TW is just a renegade province, in realtiy many of us don't treat TW as one of our own for we are not emotionally attached to the Island and its people.

So it will be quite some time before the people of TW join the big family,and it makes perfect sense for the young mainlanders to say " go bomb them and teach them a lesson."

--------------------
  I should have not wasted the resources by making a new post but the truth is I can not reply any post . I tried to activate my account, even using another Email address, nothing worked.If anyone who's in charge could help me out on this, I appreciate it.

打赏

0 点赞

主帖获得的天涯分:0
举报 | | 楼主 | 埋红包
楼主发言:1次 发图:0张 | 添加到话题 |
作者:希特二 时间:2007-04-27 23:32:08
  i try to translate it
  for taught
作者:barca57 时间:2007-04-28 00:38:12
  纯属随便翻翻,不代表俺的意见

Will the TW people ever like to be ruled by mainland?台湾人真的喜欢被大陆统治吗?
     I don't know.But it is not hard to believe that TWnese would not object to the notion of a unified China provided that China has now become a democratic and wealthy country.The thing is for how long will be it before it is a reality for mainland.
  我不知道。 但应该不难相信如果中国发展成为一个民主富强的国家,台湾人是不会拒绝一个中国的说法的。然而问题是到这一步需要多久。

Since few would disagree that democracy , the rule of law and a great of prosperity will still shy away from the people of China for a long time to come , it is safe to say that the TWnese are and will still be feeling more comfortable ruling themsleves than being told by the mainlanders what to do .

很少有人会反对说中国人离民主,依法治国以及社会繁荣还离得很远,所以台湾人在现在和可预见的将来都会更愿意选择自治而非被大陆人管理。

It is a fact that the island is drifting away from us , culturally,politically maybe as well, if economically, we are catching up with on the contrary.TW is a foreign country to many of us who were not old enough to be caught up in the war.So although on the book TW is just a renegade province, in realtiy many of us don't treat TW as one of our own for we are not emotionally attached to the Island and its people.
  事实是除了经济上日趋紧密地往来以外,无论在政治还是文化方面台湾这个岛正在远离我们。 台湾对于我们中没有经历过战争的许多年轻人来说就是异邦。虽然纸面上台湾是叛省,可事实上我们中的许多人是不会把台湾当成我们的,因为我们无论是对台湾岛,或是台湾人都没有什么感情。

So it will be quite some time before the people of TW join the big family,and it makes perfect sense for the young mainlanders to say " go bomb them and teach them a lesson."

所以想让台湾加入中国的大家庭尚需时日,同样的,中国大陆年轻人喊出‘轰炸他们给他们一个教训’也是可以理解的。

作者:我叫小卡 时间:2007-04-28 00:54:10
  Will the TW people ever like to be ruled by mainland

请教一下 为什么要加ever?我对时态掌握不熟练。
作者:barca57 时间:2007-04-28 07:42:24
  ever=会有这么一天吗?

作者:我叫小卡 时间:2007-04-29 12:35:23
  谢谢楼上。。。。。
作者:希特二 时间:2007-04-29 23:08:55
  better than i.
作者:希特二 时间:2007-04-29 23:10:32
  i should say,it's better than mine.