脱水 打赏 看楼主 设置

字体:

边距:

背景:

还原:

我将中英文放在这里方便好找,希望不要给删掉了。
  第三单元:
  A:Thanks, Mom, for All You Have Done
  1 We tend to get caught up in everyday business and concerns and forget some of the things that are most important. Too few of us stop and take the time to say “thank you” to our mothers.
   2 With a letter to my mother on the occasion of Mother’s Day, I’m going to take a minute to reflect. Feel free to use any of this in greeting your own mother on Sunday, May 10. Happy Mother’s Day to all.
  谢谢你,妈妈,为了你所做的一切
   鲍勃·伯恩斯
   我们往往被日常事务缠住而忘记一些最为重要的事情。我们极少有人停下来花时间对我们的母亲说一声“谢谢你” 。
   我准备在母亲节之际花一点时间给母亲写封信反省一下。在5月10日星期天问候你的母亲时请随意用这封信中任何句子。祝大家母亲节快乐。
  Dear Mom,
   3 This letter, I know, is long past due. I know you’ll forgive the tardiness, you always do.
   4 There are so many reasons to say thank you, it’s hard to begin. I’ll always remember you were there when you were needed.
   5 When I was a child, as happens with
   young boys, there were cuts and bumps and scrapes that always felt better when tended by you.
  亲爱的妈妈:
   我知道,这封信早就该写了。我知道你会原谅我的拖沓,你总是这样的。
   有很多很多理由要说谢谢你,真不知从何说起。我会永远记住,每当需要你时,你总是在那儿。
   我小的时候,如同所有的小男孩一样,身上总有些割破的伤口、碰撞造成的肿块和擦伤,但有你照料总感到好一些。
  6 You kept me on the straight path, one I think I still walk.
   7 There was nothing quite so humbling as standing outside my elementary school classroom and seeing you come walking down the hall. You were working at the school and I often managed to get sent outside class for something. Your chiding was gentle, but right to the point.
   8 I also remember that even after I grew bigger than you, you weren’t afraid to remind me who was in charge. For that I thank you.
  你使我一直走在正路上,我认为这仍是我在走的路。
  最为丢脸的事莫过于站在我小学的课堂外看到你沿着走廊走过来。你在学校里工作,而我竟然常常因为犯事被赶出教室。你的责备很和婉,但却非常中肯。
   我还会记住,即使在我长得比你高大以后,你也不怕提醒我谁是家里的主管。为此我感谢你。
  9 You did all the things that mothers do — the laundry, the cooking and cleaning — all without complaint or objection. But you were never too busy to help with a problem, or just give a hand.
   10 You let me learn the basics in the kitchen, and during the time I was on my own it kept me from going hungry.
  母亲们做的事你都做了,洗衣服、烧饭、打扫卫生,而且毫无怨言、毫无异议。然而即使再忙你也总能帮着我做题,或助我一臂之力。
   你让我学会了厨房里的基本功,这使我在独自一人时不致挨饿。
  11 You taught by example and for that I am grateful. I can see how much easier it is with my own daughter to be the best model I can be. You did that for me.
   12 Your children are grown now, your grandchildren, almost. You can look back with pride now and know you can rest. As mothers are judged, you stand with the best.
   13 God bless you, Mom.
  你以身作则,身教重于言教,对此我非常感激。我能看到我多么容易就成了自己女儿的最佳楷模。你为我做出了榜样。
   你的孩子们现在都已成人,你孩子们的孩子也差不多都已长大。你现在可以自豪地回顾过去,而且知道自己可以休息了。要是对母亲们进行评价,你当立于最佳母亲之列。
   愿上帝保佑你,妈妈。

打赏

0 点赞

主帖获得的天涯分:0
举报 | | 楼主 | 埋红包
楼主发言:1次 发图:0张 | 添加到话题 |
楼主坚持1年 时间:2008-11-02 20:43:37
  do an excellent job 干得不错
   develop 展开
   topic idea 主题思想
   paragraph 段落
   guidance 指导
   I really appreciate it. 非常感谢。

楼主坚持1年 时间:2008-11-02 20:49:44
  His Life’s Work
  1 When his wife died, the baby was two. They had six other children — three boys and three girls, ranging in age from 4 to 16.
   2 A few days after he became a widower, the man’s parents and his wife’s parents came to visit.
   3 “We’ve been talking,” they said, “about how to make this work. There’s no way you can take care of all these children and work to make a living. So, we’ve arranged for each child to be placed with a different uncle and aunt. We’re making sure that all of your children will be living right here in the neighborhood, so you can see them anytime… ”
  他一生的工作
   怀维恩·弗拉特
   他妻子死的时候,那个婴儿才两岁。他们另外还有6个孩子——3个男孩和3个女孩。年龄从4岁到16岁不等。
   他成了鳏夫几天后,他的父母和岳父母一起来看他。
   “我们一直在讨论,”他们说,“这事怎么办才好。你不可能一边照顾所有这些孩子一边还要干活养家糊口。所以我们已在安排把每个孩子安置在一个叔叔、阿姨家。我们保证你所有的孩子都住在这个地区内,让你随时都能见到他们……”
  4 “You have no idea how much I appreciate your thoughtfulness,” the man said. “But I want you to know,” he smiled and continued, “if the children should interfere with my work, or if we should need any help, we’ll let you know.”
   5 Over the next few weeks the man worked with his children, assigning them chores and giving them responsibilities. The two older girls, aged 12 and 10, began to cook and do the laundry and household chores. The two older boys, 16 and 14, helped their father with farming.
  他成了鳏夫几天后,他的父母和岳父母一起来看他。
   “我们一直在讨论,”他们说,“这事怎么办才好。你不可能一边照顾所有这些孩子一边还要干活养家糊口。所以我们已在安排把每个孩子安置在一个叔叔、阿姨家。我们保证你所有的孩子都住在这个地区内,让你随时都能见到他们……”
   在以后的几个星期里,那人跟他的孩子们一起干活。他给他们分配杂活儿,让他们承担职责。两个12岁和10岁的大女儿开始烧饭、洗衣服、做家务杂活儿。两个16岁和14岁的大儿子则帮着父亲干农活儿。
  6 But then another blow came. The man developed arthritis. His hands swelled, and he was unable to use his farm tools. The children shouldered their loads well, but the man could see that he would not be able to continue in this way. He sold his farming equipment, moved the family to a small town and opened a small business.
  7 The family was welcomed into the new neighborhood. The man’s business flourished.
   He derived pleasure from seeing people and serving them. Word of his pleasant personality and excellent customer service began to spread. People came from far and wide to do business with him. And the children helped both at home and at work. Their father’s pleasure in his work brought satisfaction to them, and he drew pleasure from their successes.
  但接着又是一个打击。那男人患上了关节炎。他的两只手肿了起来,他不能使用他的农具了。孩子们都很好地承担起自己的重任,但那男人看得出他将不能这样继续下去了。他卖掉了农具,把家搬到一个小镇上,开了一家小商店。
   街坊欢迎这家人住进来。男人的商店生意很兴旺。他从接待人们并为他们服务中得到了快乐。关于他为人和蔼可亲,对顾客服务细致周到的口碑开始传了出去。人们从四面八方来和他做生意。孩子们也都在家里和店里帮着干活。父亲在工作中的愉快给他们带来了满足,而他也从他们的成功中得到乐趣。
  8 The children grew up and got married. Five of the seven went off to college, most after they were married. Each one paid his or her own way. The children’s collegiate successes were a source of pride to the father. He had stopped at the sixth grade.
   9 Then came grandchildren. No one enjoyed grandchildren more than this man. As they became toddlers, he invited them to his workplace and his small home. They brought each other great joy.
  孩子们长大了,结婚了。7个孩子中有5个进了大学,大多是在结婚后。每个人都是自己支付的学费。孩子们读大学的成就是父亲骄傲的来源。他当年只读到六年级就辍学了。
   后来子女们也有了孩子。没有哪个爷爷比这个男人更喜欢孙子辈的小孩子了。在他们蹒跚学步时,他把他们邀请到自己的工作场所和自己小小的家中。他们给彼此都带来了巨大的欢乐。
  10 Finally, the youngest daughter — the baby who had been two years old at
  her mother’s death — got married.
   11 And the man, his life’s work completed, died.
   12 This man’s work had been the lonely but joyful task of raising his family. This
  man was my father. I was the 16 year old, the oldest of seven. (460 words)
  孩子们长大了,结婚了。7个孩子中有5个进了大学,大多是在结婚后。每个人都是自己支付的学费。孩子们读大学的成就是父亲骄傲的来源。他当年只读到六年级就辍学了。
   后来子女们也有了孩子。没有哪个爷爷比这个男人更喜欢孙子辈的小孩子了。在他们蹒跚学步时,他把他们邀请到自己的工作场所和自己小小的家中。他们给彼此都带来了巨大的欢乐。
楼主坚持1年 时间:2008-11-02 20:52:08
  3-C:The Odd Couple (奇特的一对夫妻)
  1 I have always wondered how my parents were attracted to each other. Their personalities, temperaments, and attitudes toward money are all opposite (相反的). The saying that “opposites attract” certainly holds true for them.
   2 Their personalities are quite different. My mother is outgoing(爽直的) and friendly. She enjoys people because, to her, they are the most interesting form of life. When she meets new people, she greets them as if they were old friends, whether they are first time clients(顾客)at her beauty shop (美容院)or acquaintances(熟人)of someone she already likes. She loves to socialize. Making conversation(交谈)with any type(类型)of personality comes easily to her — it’s a natural quality(品质).
  奇特的一对夫妻我一直纳闷,不知道我的父母当初怎么会对对方产生好感的。他们的个性、气质、对待钱的态度都截然相反。所谓“异类相吸”的说法绝对适用于他们。
   他们的个性完全不同。我的母亲为人爽直、友善。她喜欢与人交往,因为对她来说,人是最有趣的生物。她碰到生人时,会像老朋友一样打招呼,无论他们是第一次光顾她美容院的客人还是她某位朋友的熟人。她喜欢与人交往。无论什么个性的人她都从容自在地与之交谈——这是一种天生的禀性。
  3 My father, on the other hand, is conservative(保守的)and shy . Socializing is not easy for him. His shyness may give the impression(印象) that he’ s cold, but once he gets to know you, his warmth and sincerity(真诚) emerge(显现出来).
   4 When it comes to controlling one’s temper(脾气), my mother clearly outdoes(胜过)my father. She will tolerate(容忍)a lot before she gets angry and prefers to rationalize(自我辩解) rather than lose her temper. However, my father’s temper is like a short fuse (导火线) on a stick of dynamite (炸药). He will flare up (勃然大怒) immediately(立刻)when something is said or done wrongly. Also very stubborn(固执的), he always insists(坚持)that he is right. Our dinners often turn into debates(争论), with the issue(问题)usually being money.
  而我的父亲则既保守又羞怯。与人交往对他而言可不是件容易的事。他的羞怯会让人以为他对人冷淡,不过一旦他跟你熟悉起来,他的热情和真诚就显露出来了。
   说到控制脾气,我母亲显然要胜过我父亲。她要到忍无可忍的时候才会生气,而且她更愿意讲道理而不是发脾气。而我父亲的脾气却像炸药包上一根短短的引信。如果有人说错什么话或做错什么事,父亲马上就会大发雷霆。他又极其顽固,总是坚持认为他自己是正确的。我们的晚餐常常变成争论,而争论的焦点往往是钱。
  5 My mother is not a bargain(便宜货)shopper. She does not cut out coupons(赠券)or compare(比较)products or prices; she is impatient — if she likes something, she buys it. My father, therefore(因此), has always done our food shopping. He compares products and prices, looks for sales(廉价出售) and bargains, and buys only what he needs. He has also always taken care of our household finances(财政)and is the bookkeeper and accountant(会计) of the family. My father says that my mother has champagne(香槟酒)tastes (品味) with a beer(啤酒)pocketbook, and she says that he’s cheap, but there is a happy compromise(妥协) — she spends and he saves.
   6 “It must be love,” I say about this odd couple. They may be very different, but they are also very compatible(和谐的). Learning from each other ensures (确保)the success of their partnership(夫妻关系). (355 words)
  我母亲买东西不爱讨价还价。她不剪优惠券,也不比较产品或价格;她是个急性子——喜欢什么,就买下来。因此总是父亲为我们采购食品。他比较产品和价格,寻找减价商品和特价品,只买需要的东西。我们家的财务也总是由他来管,他是家里的簿记员兼会计师。父亲说母亲只有买啤酒的钱却想喝香槟,母亲则说他吝啬。好在有一种美满的折中办法——母亲花钱,父亲省钱。
   “这一定是爱,”我这样评价这奇特的一对。他们可能很不相同,可他们却琴瑟和谐。相互学习确保了他们的伴侣关系得以成功。
楼主坚持1年 时间:2008-11-05 12:51:31
  http://www.hjenglish.com/subject/kids/page/48793/
  美音hot, pot, mop里面的[o]更像是hard, laugh中的短的[a];

going to会变成gonna;

want to 会变成wanna;

him等等前面的h通常不发音,meet him会读成meedim;

congradulate等等后面的t连读时很多时候是发d音,如上面的meedim;

What are you doing?实际可能是Wha tu doing?

You更多是读轻音ye,类似的your也有轻读的,其实代词一般都可以轻读;

And会是轻读的en,或者就省略成轻读的a;

Military , secretary , 后面的ary美语音标是marry的[eri];相应的ory经常是读重音的。