Dad''s kiss(转载)

楼主:chenfangabc 时间:2009-08-19 08:04:00 点击:536 回复:1
脱水 打赏 看楼主 设置

字体:

边距:

背景:

还原:

The Board Meeting had come to an end. Bob started to stand up and jostled the table, spilling his coffee over his notes. "How embarrassing. I am getting so clumsy in my old age."
  董事会会议已经结束。鲍勃站起来,推挤桌子,把咖啡撒在笔记上。 “真尴尬。我老了,如此地笨拙。 ”
  Everyone had a good laugh, and soon we were all telling stories of our most embarrassing moments. It came around to Frank who sat quietly listening to the others. Someone said, "Come on, Frank. Tell us your most embarrassing moment."
   每个人都大笑,很快我们都在讲最尴尬时刻的故事。弗兰克静静地坐着,听别人说。有人说, “来吧,弗兰克。告诉我们你最尴尬的时刻。”
  Frank laughed and began to tell us of his childhood. "I grew up in San Pedro.
  弗兰克笑了起来,并开始讲他的童年。 “我在圣佩德罗长大。我的父亲是一个渔民,他喜欢大海。他有自己的船,但在海中谋生很难。他努力工作,直到他足够养活家庭。不只是为我家,而且也为爷爷奶奶,和其他仍在家里的孩子们。 “
   My Dad was a fisherman, and he loved the sea. He had his own boat, but it was hard making a living on the sea. He worked hard and would stay out until he caught enough to feed the family. Not just enough for our family, but also for his Mom and Dad and the other kids that were still at home."

He looked at us and said, "I wish you could have met my Dad. He was a big man, and he was strong from pulling the nets and fighting the seas for his catch. When you got close to him, he smelled like the ocean. He would wear his old canvas, foul-weather coat and his bibbed overalls. His rain hat would be pulled down over his brow. No matter how much my Mother washed them, they would still smell of the sea and of fish."他看着我们说, “我希望你们能见见我爸爸。他是个大个子,他因为拉网,和海洋搏斗而强壮。当你接近他时,他闻起来像海洋。他一直穿着他的帆布外套,和他的工作服。不管我妈妈怎么洗,它们都散发着大海和鱼的味道。
   Frank's voice dropped a bit. "When the weather was bad he would drive me to school. He had this old truck that he used in his fishing business. That truck was older than he was. It would wheeze and rattle down the road.
  弗兰克的声音有点低沉。 “当天气恶劣的时候,他开车送我上学。他这辆旧卡车,用来捕鱼。这种车比他还老。当他开向学校的时候,我希望消失。旧卡车会喷出一团烟雾。看上去每个人都站在周围看。然后,他将俯过身,并在我的脸颊上给我一个大大的吻,说我是一个好孩子。对我来说是那么尴尬。那时,我12岁,我的爸爸会俯身和我吻别!
   You could hear it coming for blocks. As he would drive toward the school,I would shrink down into the seat hoping to disappear. Half the time, he would slam to a stop and the old truck would belch a cloud of smoke. He would pull right up in front, and it seemed like everybody would be standing around and watching. Then he would lean over and give me a big kiss on the cheek and tell me to be a good boy. It was so embarrassing for me. Here, I was twelve years old, and my Dad would lean over and kiss me goodbye!"

He paused and then went on, "I remember the day I decided I was too old for a goodbye kiss. When we got to the school and came to a stop, he had his usual big smile. He started to lean toward me, but I put my hand up and said, 'No, Dad.'
  他停顿了一下,然后接着说, “我记得有一天,我觉得,我太大了,不需要吻别了。当我们到学校的时候,他惯常地满面笑容。他开始向我靠过来,但我说, '不,爸爸。
  It was the first time I had ever talked to him that way, and he had this surprised look on his face.
  I said, 'Dad, I'm too old for a goodbye kiss. I'm too old for any kind of kiss.'
  这是我第一次以这种方式跟他说话,他的脸上有很惊讶的表情。
  我说, '爸爸,我太大了,用不着吻别了。我太大了,任何种类的吻都不合适了。
  My Dad looked at me for the longest time, and his eyes started to tear up. I had never seen him cry. He turned and looked out the windshield. 'You're right,' he said. 'You are a big boy....a man. I won't kiss you anymore.'"
  我父亲看着我,他的眼睛开始飙泪。我从来没有见过他哭。他转过身,向挡风玻璃外望去。 '你说得对, '他说。 '你是一个大男孩....一个男人。我不会吻你了。
  Frank got a funny look on his face, and the tears began to well up in his eyes, as he spoke. "It wasn't long after that when my Dad went to sea and never came back. It was a day when most of the fleet stayed in, but not Dad. He had a big family to feed. They found his boat adrift with its nets half in and half out. He must have gotten into a gale and was trying to save the nets and the floats."
  弗兰克的脸上出现了有趣的表情,泪水也开始在他的眼睛里出现,在他说话的时候。 “不久之后,我爸爸出海了,再也没有回来。那是船队里的大多数都留下的一天,但爸爸没有。他有一大家子要养。他们发现他的船漂着。他肯定遇到大风了。
   I looked at Frank and saw that tears were running down his cheeks. Frank spoke again. "Guys, you don't know what I would give to have my Dad give me just one more kiss on the cheek....to feel his rough old face....to smell the ocean on him....to feel his arm around my neck. I wish I had been a man then. If I had been a man, I would never have told my Dad I was too old for a goodbye kiss."
   我看着弗兰克,看到他的脸颊上流下的眼泪。弗兰克说。 “伙计们,你不知道我会为了让爸爸再在我的脸颊上亲一次,而付出什么....去感受他粗糙的脸....闻他身上的海洋味道....感觉他的手臂抱着我的脖子。那时我希望我是一个男人。如果我是一个男人,我绝不会告诉我的爸爸,我太大了,不用吻别了。

打赏

0 点赞

主帖获得的天涯分:0
举报 | | 楼主 | 埋红包
楼主发言:1次 发图:0张 | 添加到话题 |
作者:先先li 时间:2009-10-19 12:10:59
  我想知道该文章是从哪里转载来的?原作者是谁?谢谢
发表回复

请遵守天涯社区公约言论规则,不得违反国家法律法规