人 + whose + n + V
She has a friend.
His mother is a doctor.
She has a friend whose mother is a doctor. 她有一个妈妈是医生的朋友
● The only games （that）I play are football and tennis.
● He is the only student that understands English well.
● He is a writer whose books are seldom read.
● This is the hotel at which we are staying.
prep + which（指物） / whom（指人）
She is the girl
I stayed with her.
She is the girl with whom I stayed. （介词提前+whom）
That is the house.
I live in the house
That is the house in which I live. 那就是我住的房子
● Is this the money you lost?
● That is the horse which won the race.
● He is the sort of person (whom) everyone admires.
● Our neighbour, ____whose____ name is Charles Alison, will sail tomorrow.
whose在这里 = his
● His boat __the name of which_____ is Topsail, is famous.
不会说of sth. the name
而会说the name of sth.
Jasper White is one of those rare people who believe in ancient myths.
◇如果在one of前面还有一修饰词only, 那么后边的关系代词将指代one这个词。
He is the only one of those rare people who believes in ancient myths. （word上无错误）
One of the answers is true.
One of those people is good.
●Lesson 28 No Parking 禁止停车●
Q：What is Jasper White’s problem?
01. Jasper White is one of those rare people who believe in ancient myths.
02. He has just bought a new house in the city, but ever since he moved in, he had trouble with cars and their owners.
03. When he returns home at night, he always finds that someone has parked a car outside his gate.
04. Because of this, he has not been able to get his own car into his garage even once.
05. Jasper has put up “No Parking” signs outside his gate, but these have not had any effect.
06. Now he has put an ugly stone head over the gate.
07. It is one of the ugliest faces I have ever seen.
08. I asked him what it was and he told me that it was Medusa, the Gorgon.
09. Jasper hopes that she will turn cars and their owners to stone.
10. But none of them has been turned to stone yet.