Pride & Prejudice 《傲慢与偏见》(转载)

楼主:tendays2034abc 时间:2019-09-20 15:33:09 点击:926 回复:0
脱水 打赏 看楼主 设置

字体:

边距:

背景:

还原:

Mrs. Bennet: How well you dance, Mr. Bingley. My daughter Jane is a splendid dancer, is she not?

Bingley: She is indeed. (to Elizabeth) Your friend Miss Lucas is a most amusing young woman.

Elizabeth: Oh, yes, I adore her.

Mrs. Bennet: It is a pity she's not more handsome.

Elizabeth: Mama!

Mrs. Bennet: Oh, but Lizzie would never admit that she's plain. Of course it's my Jane who's considered the beauty of the county.

Elizabeth & Jane: No, Mama, please!

Mrs. Bennet: When she was 15, a gentleman was so much in love with her, that I was sure he would make her an offer. However, he did write her some very pretty verses.

Elizabeth: And that put paid to it. I wonder who discovered the power of poetry in driving away love.

Darcy: I thought poetry was the food of love.

Elizabeth: Of a fine, stout love, it may. But if it is only a vague inclination one poor sonnet will kill it.

Darcy: So what do you recommend to encourage affection?

Elizabeth: Dancing. Even if one's partner is barely tolerable.

Jane: Mr Bingley is just what a young man ought to be. Sensible, good-humoured...

Elizabeth: Handsome, conveniently rich...

Jane: You know perfectly well I do not believe marriage should be driven
  by thoughts of money.

Elizabeth: I agree entirely. Only the deepest love will persuade me into matrimony, which is why I'll end up an old maid.

Jane: Do you really believe he liked me, Lizzie?

Elizabeth: Jane, he danced with you most of the night, and stared at you for the rest of it. But I give you leave to like him. You've liked many a stupider person. You're a great deal too apt to like people in general, you know. All the world is good and agreeable in your eyes.

Jane: Not his friend. I still can't believe what he said about you.

Elizabeth: Mr. Darcy? I could more easily forgive his vanity had he not wounded mine. But no matter, I doubt we shall ever speak again.

打赏

0 点赞

主帖获得的天涯分:0
举报 | | 楼主 | 埋红包
楼主发言:1次 发图:0张 | 添加到话题 |
发表回复

请遵守天涯社区公约言论规则,不得违反国家法律法规