my childhood

楼主:晓斯99 时间:2005-06-13 16:04:00 点击:2724 回复:22
脱水 打赏 看楼主 设置

字体:

边距:

背景:

还原:

Born in Jan 1978, I am the second child in my family. My mom says I am a “Snake” because she gave birth to me at the end of Lunar year Snake, while I prefer to say I am “Tail of Snake and Head of Horse”.
  We lived in the countryside of a county near to Fuzhou. Mom is a traditional peasant, and in her mind, the responsibility of her life was to get enough food for the family. She worked hard, leaving for the farmland at dawn and never returning until late. Unlike Mom, my dad never took himself as a peasant. He seldom stayed at home, and was always busy with his friends’ and neighbors’ business, and also because of this, Mom and Dad always quarreled with each other. Though I never think my dad is a good husband, he had been a good farther, and had taught me a lot. He used to take me with him when he visited his friends, take me to the cinema, and teach me how to be a well-behaved and polite boy.
  In 1983, at the age of 5, I was sent to the kindergarten. Unlike my brother who was taken to the school by force, I like schooldays. The tuition was only one yuan, but we got balls of different sizes to play, and were taught many songs and games. What’s more, the school provided cakes and candies occasionally. Half a year later, our teacher gave birth to a baby, and the class was dismissed. 2 weeks later, I was happy to know that the baby became a member of my family as an adopted daughter. In the following half year, I stayed at home, helping my mom to take care of my sister.
   I resumed my study the following year. In primary school, my academic record was excellent, and was awarded as “San Hao student” each year. At that time, the school got little fund, and nine out of ten the rewards were 5 or 10 notebooks, so that was the only thing I could gave away generously to friends. I remember most of our teachers were from neighboring counties, and they lived at school. There was neither gas nor micro-oven in 1980s, and we cooked by burning dried leaves or tree branches. Our school was located at the foot of a hill with a creek in between, and once a month we will collect dried branches and leaves from the hill for our teachers, and all of us were proud of being able to do something for the school and our teachers.
  Each year, we grew crops and vegetables, and mom also raised many cattle and fowls. Ever since my childhood, I had been a good hand to my mom. I would prepare the meals after school, and accompanied my mom to irrigate our crops late at nights. I helped my mom with the farm work also, but luckily I had never been a good farmer. On weekends, I would herd our buffalo with my friends. Buffalo is a kind of tamed animal, and we would ride on it while herding, imaging we were on horses. And if we were rid of doing that, we would tie them to trees, and played in the creeks. My mom would not allow me to learn swim, so I was always laughed at when the other kids were swimming joyfully in the creeks and I had to take cloths for them. And I also acted as a baby-sitter. At first, I liked my little sister much; as my mom was very busy, she used to “tie” my sister on my back, and I carried her wherever I went. But each time my neighbors would joke on me, referring to my sister as my child bride. Gradually, when I found out what that means, I rejected to carry her with any more, and my poor sister had to be stay at home and enjoyed herself.
  In those days, we seldom got pocket money from our parents, so most of us got money by collecting and selling some kinds of herbs. Apart from buying some socks, I spent most of my money on rubber, pencil boxes—at that time, colorful pencil boxes were the best thing to show off among my little classmates.
  From mid 80s, people in my hometown started to do some business cautiously, hoping to have more “Da tuan jie—the nickname for 10 Yuan note” in their pockets. Gradually some WanYuanHu appeared, among whom was one of my uncles. He raised white rabbits for their furs, and did earn some money. A couple of years later, my jobless farther started to raise rabbits also. However, that turned out to be a complete wrong decision as by then there had been too many rabbit raisers, and several months later my brother and I were the only happy ones in our family to enjoy delicious rabbit meat each day.
  After that, my farther tried some other business, but each time he ended up with failure. During those years, Mom still raised her cattle and fouls to support the family, which she thought were the right things for farmers.
   In retrospect, childhood was the happiest time in my life. I had few toys, no TV, and never had a chance to travel, but I derived a lot of fun from the nature. I net fishes, caught birds, herded cattle and even stole fruits occasionally. Over 20 years has passed, but I am still nostalgia for those days

打赏

0 点赞

主帖获得的天涯分:0
举报 | | 楼主 | 埋红包
楼主发言:1次 发图:0张 | 添加到话题 |
作者:无尽的白夜 时间:2005-06-13 16:30:05
  好像说的是我的童年生活,谢了哈.帮我写出来,很喜欢!!!
作者:stone-broke 时间:2005-06-13 16:42:05
  Though there is no wonderful words, but I think it is still a good article, because it is from your true life.
楼主晓斯99 时间:2005-06-13 17:08:04
  hehe, tks for ur comments! Deep in our memory, we can find many unforgetable things, either joyful or sad.
作者:Eucalyptus 时间:2005-06-13 19:31:52
  Althought we are years apart, the childhood seemed very similar. I guess we are all lucky to have the opportunity for a better education somewhere in our lives.

The writing is very fluent and easy to read. 'Foul' should have been 'fowl' in the second last paragraph.
楼主晓斯99 时间:2005-06-14 09:17:33
  With your encouragement, I plan to continue my writting about the following years of my life-middle school, college and the past few years'' of working.
作者:温柔一Dao 时间:2005-06-14 09:39:52
  pls continue,it is meaningful to give look back our past days from our birth to now.
  Your life of childhood is full of joy and nature, and also you are lucky to have a good education.what you writed remind me of my childhood,which is different but joyfulthe same
作者:jessieshamrock 时间:2005-06-14 09:46:53
  You are have a wonderful life in the childhood,I like to read.A little like my childhood.

作者:phkchris 时间:2005-06-18 18:15:05
  thank u very much. you are the smart person.
作者:凤山的狼 时间:2005-06-19 10:07:22
  what you writed remind me of my childhood,which is different but joyfulthe same

i agree this....

作者:bluesea 时间:2005-06-20 00:26:20
  I enjoyed reading your accounts of your childhood tremendously. Thank you for sharing your childhood memories with us. :-)
作者:零度情人 时间:2005-06-20 00:40:32
  Are you an English teacher?
  If is I, affirmative write not a such article with English.
  I'm very poor in English.
  Please everyone to give much advise.
  Thank you!

楼主晓斯99 时间:2005-06-20 11:48:35
  作者:零度情人 回复日期:2005-6-20 0:40:32 
    Are you an English teacher?

Hehe, I am not an English teacher. Just as what another friend said, the article is easy to read, but fluent, and that is because I wrote it with my heart. I will pursuit my further study in the coming September, and it would be my greatest pleasure to share my experience with friends in Tianya. I like English much.
作者:adjuster 时间:2005-06-20 12:04:27
  wish to see more ur articles,but why not write ur present condition? wow,,i think must be very attractive,,u can be a good hand-writer in english.
作者:平凡落叶 时间:2005-06-20 12:08:47
  I fortgot my childhood
作者:一品秋 时间:2005-06-20 14:19:55
  although your article is very easy for all of us to understand ,you said it by your heart
   the feeling is true
   and it also moved me
作者:九鼎浪客 时间:2005-06-20 14:23:11
  Everybody's childhood is wonderful!
作者:pattya 时间:2005-08-19 16:06:41
  thank u to share
  i'm so moved through ur article
作者:我望南山 时间:2005-08-19 18:24:52
  Altough it was finely honed, it is still a far cry from a piece of polished writing, more assiduity is needed.
作者:candy-li 时间:2005-08-19 19:09:35
  1978 年一月出生,我是我的家庭第二个孩子。 我的妈妈说,我是 " 蛇 " ,因为她在阴历年蛇结束的时候生下了我而我偏爱说我是 " 蛇的尾部和马的头 " 。
    我们接近住在县的乡下地方到福州。 妈妈是传统的农民,而且在她的思想中,她的生活职责是为家庭拿充足的食物。 她努力地工作, 在破晓前往农地和从不直到晚归还。 不像妈妈,我的爸爸从不轮流他自己如一个农民。 他很少待在家, 而且总是忙于他的朋友和邻居的生意,以及因为这,妈妈和爸爸总是和彼此吵架。 虽然我从不认为,我的爸爸是好丈夫, 他已经是一个善行更远的, 而且已经教我很多。 当他拜访了他的朋友,把我带到电影院, 而且教我该如何是行为端正的和有礼貌的男孩时候他过去一直由于他轮流我。
  1983 年的  ,在 5 的时候,我被派遣到幼稚园。 不像我的强行被拿到学校的兄弟,我喜欢上学天。 讲授是只有一个日圆,但是我们得到了不同大小的球玩, 而且被教许多歌和游戏。 更多是什么,学校有时候提供了蛋糕而且糖。 一半一年之后,我们的老师生下了一个宝贝,而且班级被解散。 2 星期之后,我是快乐知道宝贝变成如一个养女的一个我的家庭成员。 在未来半年中,我待在家, 帮助我的妈妈照顾我的姊妹。
    我重新开始了我的研究未来年。 在小学中,我的学院记录是优良的, 而且在每年被颁发如 " 桑河 Hao 学生 " 。 那时,学校得到了小基金, 和十中有九酬谢是 5 或 10本笔记本, 所以是我可以慷慨地对朋友分送的唯一事物。 我记得,我们的老师大部分来自附近的县,而且他们居住在学校。 既没有瓦斯也没有微- 烤箱在 1980 年代中, 和我们藉由燃烧烹调弄干树叶或树树枝。 我们的学校在和一条小溪的一个小山下方被位于在,之间而且每月一次我们将会为我们的老师收集来自小山的干燥部门和树叶,而且我们全部都以能够为傲为学校和我们的老师做某事。
    每年,我们种植农作物和蔬菜,而且妈妈也饲养了许多牛和鸟。 自从我的孩童时期,我已经是对我的妈妈一只好手。 我放学后会准备一餐, 而且陪伴了我的妈妈灌溉我们的农作物迟的在晚上。 我也帮我的妈妈解决了农场工作,但是幸运地我从未是好农民。 在周末,我会和我的朋友聚集我们的水牛。 当聚集的时候,水牛城是一种驯养的动物,而且我们会搭乘它, 图像我们在马上。 而且如果我们避免做那,我们会将他们系于树, 而且在小溪中玩。 我的妈妈不允许我学习游泳,因此,当另一个哄骗的时候,我总是被笑正在小溪中欢喜地游泳而且我必须为他们轮流布料。 而且我也担任一个保姆。起先,当我的妈妈非常忙碌的时候,我喜欢我的小姊妹很多的;,她过去一直 " 领带 " 在我的背部上的我姊妹,而且我无论我在何处去携带了她。 但是每时间我的邻居会在我身上开玩笑,提及我的姊妹如我的孩子新娘。逐渐地,当我发现意谓的时候,我拒绝用任何的更多携带她,而且我的贫穷姊妹必须在家是停留并且玩得快乐。
    在那些数天中,我们很少由我们的父母拿口袋钱,如此我们大部份藉由收集而且卖药草的一些类型拿了钱。除了买一些袜子之外,我花费了我的钱对橡皮的大部分,铅笔入盒中-那时,五彩缤纷的铅笔盒子是在我的小同学之中炫耀的最好事物。
  从 80 年代中期的  ,我的家乡人开始慎重地做一些生意, 希望有更多 "Da tuan jie-绰号对于 10 元注意"在他们的口袋中。 逐渐地一些 WanYuanHu 出现,在谁是我的叔父之一之中。 他为他们的毛皮饲养了白色的兔子, 而且确实赚得一些钱。 一些数年之后, 我的失业更远的开始也饲养兔子。 然而, 变成如到时候那里的完全错误的决定已经是太多兔子提高者, 和一些月之后我的兄弟和我是每天享受可口的兔子肉的我们家庭的唯一快乐的一些。
  在那后的  , 我的更远尝试了一些其他的生意,但是每时间他以失败作为结束。 在那些数年期间, 仍然升起她的牛和犯规的妈妈支援家庭, 她想是农民的正确事物。
  回顾的  ,孩童时期在我的生活方面是最幸福的时间。 我有了少数玩具 , 没有电视, 而且从不有了一个机会旅行,但是我源自了来自自然的许多乐趣。 我用网捕鱼,捕捉了鸟, 聚集了牛并且甚至有时候偷了水果。 超过 20 年已经通过, 但是我静止的是那些数天的乡愁
  的,我是我的家庭第二个孩子。
作者:candy-li 时间:2005-08-19 19:11:15
  以上是对文章的翻译
作者:麻油鸡躺 时间:2005-08-19 20:39:56
  too long to look
楼主晓斯99 时间:2005-09-16 09:54:17
  thank you so much, Candy, for bothering to translate it into Chinese. I never deem myself as a good writher, but just wrote it with my real feelings.
发表回复

请遵守天涯社区公约言论规则,不得违反国家法律法规