Music and Concerts
1. At a symphony concert the musicians play their instruments under the direction of a conductor.
2. The string instruments in the orchestra are the violin, the viola, the cello, and the bass.
3. Usually the pianist plays a grand piano at a concert.
4. The wind instruments are of two kinds: the woodwinds, for example, the flute, the oboe, saxophone and the clarinet; and the brass, for example, the trumpet, the horn, and the trombone.
5. The percussion instruments include the drum, the bass drum, the cymbals, the triangle, the tambourine, and sometimes the xylophone.
6. Some concerts include human voices.
7. If there is only one singer, the piece is called a solo; if there are two or three, it is called a duet or a trio.
8. A choir is made of a large number of singers.
9. Female singers are classified according to the pitch of their voices; the highest are the sopranos, the contraltos are the lowest, and the mezzo-sopranos are in between.
10. Most male singers are classified as tenors, baritones and basses according to their register.
11. A good ear is indispensable for a professional singer.
12. In order to be an opera singer one must learn how to breathe in a special way to be able to hold a note for a long time without wavering.
13. Each instrument has its own timbre.
14. When certain notes are played together and produce a pleasant effect, we say that they harmonize.
15. Popular music has produced thousands of singers and groups of musicians who record their songs to be played on the radio. These musicians appear on television and give live performances as well.
楼主发言：1次 发图：0张 | 添加到话题 |