From the moment Gracie Templeton knew she was going back to the Hall, she started to see him again.
He walked past her in the Tube station. She saw him studying at a table in the local library,his head bowed, engrossed in a book.Every second customer in the restaurant where she worked part-time sounded like him. An actor on TV had his shy sjile. Everywhere she went , there was a man who reminded her of him , the same hetght , six foot three. The same dark curls. The easy , lanky walk, The same clothes-faded jeans , a dark reefer jacket. For eight years she'd been trying to put him out of her mind , to forget him , to rebuild her life. Now it was as if no time had passed at all.
1. Tube station = subway station= metro station 地铁站
2. bow one's head = not looking straight forward , but in downward direction. 低头
3. be engrossed in sth = be totally absorbed in= be carried away by. 全神贯注于
4. lanky = over lean and tall 过分的瘦长
5. reefer jacket = some kind of short and tight jacket. 短而紧身的外套